Sugar Cookie Bake-O-Rama: Part One

Being an avid baker, I've had several custom cookie cutters created from my designs.  I wanted to use one of these cutters and narrowed it down to two choices, a bird or a cloud.  I chose the cloud.

The cloud would become a Snow cloud and three varying sized rounds snowflakes.  Everything comes back to design and story.  Besides, I've never seen a Snow Cloud Cookie.





I made the dough (do an online search for a recipe), divided the dough and chilled it in the refrigerator.  Chill for at lease one hour: it makes the dough much easier to work with.  




I like a thicker and softer Sugar Cookie, so I rolled the dough to a thickness of 1/4"+. 

(Hint: If you like softer cookies, shorten the cooking time.)




I cut the cookies out of the rolled dough, using the custom made cloud cutter.  Repeat this step with all the scrap dough, until all is used.




Place the cookies on a cookie sheet for baking.  I use a Silpat mat, a reusable, completely non-stick surface, that fits perfectly into a cookie sheet.  Any method you've used in the past for cookie baking is grand, buttered pans, parchment paper, non-stick foil.

(Hint: If you choose a Silpat mat, I've found in my oven, it causes cookies to cook faster.  You may need to adjusted baking temperature and baking time to avoid burning, so keep an eye on your first batch.)




Once baked, let cool completely.  I remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place them on wire cooling racks.  These clouds have already cooled and are resting on the work surface.




All the cookies, both clouds and rounds, waiting to be decorated.


Have any questions or something to share?  Take a moment and post a comment for others and myself to see.  You can also become a follower of this blog and see more on facebook and at www.jimmypickering.com

In my next post I'll share how I decorated the Snow Cloud.  

CLICK TO CONTINUE TO PART TWO

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...