Customizing Frames: Step 1

I am having a solo show at Benjamin and Benjamin Gallery in Portland Oregon, opening October 6th, 2011, and has presented another opportunity for me to share a step-by-step process of somethings created for the show.

I always keep an eye on frames which I consider good matches for my work.  90% of the time, they need enhancements to work within the confines of one of my shows, as I obsess on the tiniest details when I’m designing a show.

These wooden frames are in their original state, a very Shabby Chic style, which is clearly not a befitting accompaniment for my work.  Still, good bone structure.

The first step I did't show, which was the removal of legs of both frames. I apologize for missing this step, but had not anticipated sharing this process at that time.


Click HERE for step 2.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...