Memory Lapse: These Are My Paintings?

A gallery in which I am having a show next year, asked me to send an image for marketing upcoming 2010 shows.  As I looked through my image files I found three small 3x5 inch paintings I did back in 2004. They are nothing spectacular, but when I opened the files a strange occurrence, I had no recollection of these pieces in my memory.  It wasn’t until I looked at them for a while the memory of framing the little guy on the cliff came back, the other two . . . nothing.  I remembered they were for a winter solstice themed group show at the gallery I owned at the time. 

Never experienced this before. Completely and utterly strange.  I guess once you've created so many things this is bound to happen, yet . . . it is very odd.

To ensure I don’t forget them again, here are the three mystery paintings.



4 comments:

Jenn said...

these are too cute to be forgotten!

Daniel Peci said...

hummm,,,maybe they were created spontaneously by your subconsciousness.

http://daydrawings.blogspot.com/

Kevin Kidney said...

They're marvelous!

Shirley Landis VanScoyk said...

I have experienced the same thing- I have come across some bits of writing, thought they were wonderful and THEN realized they were mine. I think what happens with me, and it might happen with you, is that at some points in the creative process, you really really tap in to the subconscious, creative force and it truly takes over. I hope it happens again for you! These are so great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...