Bone Heads

When I was a kid, my mom used to make these groovy Myrtle Wood clocks and coat them with thick two- part resin. One day while I was painting I recalled her showing me how to use the resin and I thought I would try it on a painting. I experimented with it on a few pieces in my “wicked little things” show back in 2005 and it worked quite well. It made the paintings so much depth and a look as if they were covered in liquid glass. Now I use it all the time. Unfortunately, the effect does not come through on photos. The credit for my use of resin goes to my mom . . . THANKS MOM!

6 comments:

maura said...

does your mom have any of those clocks left? they'd be cool to see. hee hee i LOVE this piece! so fun! would be cool with ROBOT heads, too - ha! ;) xo-m

jimmy said...

Hi Maura:

I don't think she does, but I'll have to see if I can find any pictures of them.

Robot heads . . . I was thinking the same thing.

j

Sorrentino said...

sounds like a fun experiment!
great designs!!

Sweet Pea said...

I just discovered your blog today. I have always loved your work and it is fun to get to know the person behind the art :)

Jenn said...

Bone Heads is hanging up in my dining room (which is painted candy apple red) and I must say that the piece does POP!

Thank you Jimmy for making such amazing art.

jimmy said...

Hi Jenn:

I am so glad 'boneheads' has found a great home and the way you have it displayed sounds fantastic!

j

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...